Saturday, July 23, 2016
1. Smiling can make us happy (even when we're not).
2. Smiling can make others happy.
3. Smiling makes us more attractive.
4. Smiling can help us de-stress.
5. Smiling can help us land a job, win friends, open the doors of opportunity.
6. Smiling can lead to laughter.
7. Smiling just feels good.
Even more loving and caring than our parents when we were kids, is our loving and caring Father God who wants to help us "worry less and smile more often". As God's children, should we worry and fret? Would He teach us to walk, to watch us fall? Would He give us life, to watch us fail? Would He be nailed to the cross and then disregard our prayers?
Philippians 4:6-7 says "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
God has a wonderful plan for our lives, and part of that plan includes taking care of us -- so let's purpose to WORRY LESS and SMILE MORE OFTEN! I think that's exactly how our DAD wants us to live -- complete trust in His wise and sovereign ways that ensure we are in His loving care.
I'll take that! I'm smiling BIG! How about you!