I stood behind a beautiful, almost-ready-to-pop mama (8+ months pg), with her hands raised to heaven and praising God with all-out freedom on the front row at church. While I was praising God in my own way, I was enamored by this precious woman. I told her so. I know her faith journey. She made me want to raise my hands a little higher and sing a little louder. She was leading the way for all who were behind her.
I remembered King Jehoshaphat of Judah who did something we won’t find in any military briefing. He led his army to battle with singers and praisers right at the front. I told this young woman that is precisely what she was doing – leading us. King Jehoshaphat spoke these words to his people when an attacking army was fast approaching. In that scary moment he said this: “Lord, we don’t know what to do…but our eyes are upon You.” (2 Chronicles 20:12) At times like that -- it's not only the WHAT we do, but the WHO we go to.
We've
all been there. There -- where the answers don't come -- where the plans are
uncertain. Where everyone is counting on us, and we want to count the steps to
the back door. Where there is a mob
raising havoc in our lives -- the relentless negativity mob we hear on the news
and social media who scream ugly and negative remarks against those of us who
choose life, attend church, who love others as ourselves and are God and
country lovers. Or the battlefield of our minds when it feels like the
attacking army of negativity is slinging every defeating, ugly, hateful,
shameful, and hurtful lies into our minds? Do we cave or retreat? Heavens, NO!

No comments:
Post a Comment