Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2026

Lord, Please Swaddle Me



We all remember these words from Luke 2:7 "And she (Mary) wrapped him (Jesus) in swaddling cloths.."

Sunday after Sunday, I see this precious mama and baby – sitting right at the front of church. The baby is wrapped snugly against her chest in a soft swaddle. He is about 5 months old. His Mama told me -- outside the snuggle, he is a fast-racing crawler.

But, at church, while everyone else is standing, singing, talking, and moving about, that little one peacefully sleeps through the entire service.

Not a peep. Not a fuss. Just perfect rest.
Curious, I asked his mama about it.
She explained that swaddling helps babies feel safe and secure.

I read about it and further saw the gentle wrapping reminds them of the snug comfort of the womb. Their tiny arms stay close to their bodies, so sudden movements don't startle them awake. The gentle pressure calms them, comforts them, and helps them rest.

I couldn't help but smile. Then I couldn't help but think...
“Lord, I need to be swaddled too. Not in a blanket. But in Your peace.”

How often do we allow fear to jolt us awake?
Worry keeps our minds racing.
Disappointment steals our rest.
The "what ifs" rob us of sleep.

Meanwhile, our Heavenly Father gently whispers:
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

What if we trusted our Father the way that little baby trusts his mama?
No striving.
No resisting.
No fear.
Just resting close to the One who holds us.

Psalm 91:4 paints a beautiful picture:
"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge."
What a heavenly swaddle!

Perhaps that's what Jesus meant when He said,
"Come to Me -- and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

I'm still learning. Some nights I sleep only a few hours before my mind begins to wander.

But that precious baby reminded me that peace isn't found in perfect circumstances.

Peace is found in the arms that hold us.

So today I'm praying a simple prayer...
"Father, wrap me in Your love. Swaddle my anxious heart. Hold me close enough that I can finally rest in You."

Because there is no safer place......than in the everlasting arms of God.

#babyswaddle #UnderHisWings #swaddle

No comments:

Post a Comment