Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Still Here -- So I’m Not Done!



It's my birthday today! Whoohoo!
I won’t dwell on the number. Let’s simply say I’ve accumulated considerable amounts of experience!

Special thanks to God and my precious, loving mama who truly impacted my life with loving and serving my Lord with all my heart.
My heart is overflowing with gratitude.

Yesterday, Tuesday, August 25th, we celebrated my Payton's bride-to-be, Christiane, with a beautiful, personal bridal shower.




Staci and I gave her a special token of love -- a dainty, gold necklace with a gold cross and a diamond in the middle. We want her to know how much we love her, and how much the cross represents the love our Savior has for her AND us!

Generations of women came together: the grand hostess and mother-in-love to be, Staci -- my daughter; Alexia -- my granddaughter -- flying in from Nashville; my daughter-in-love - Shawntel; the bride-to-be, Christiane; her mother, Christine; her grandmother, Nonna; and me, affectionately known as Nana and several other dear friends.




There was laughter, love, plenty of girly-girl excitement, and probably enough preparation to qualify us as professional event planners!

Staci poured her heart into welcoming Christiane as her soon-to-be daughter-in-love. What a gift to witness families joining together and a new chapter beginning.

I'm driving home today with a full heart -- replaying the joy, the travels, the friendships, the family moments, my Carl, the Bible studies, and every opportunity God has given me to encourage someone.




Has every year been easy? Mercy, no! There have been steep climbs, unexpected turns, painful goodbyes, and a few body parts that occasionally submit formal complaints.

But I’m still here -- so I’m not done!

God has given me strength for each day, peace beyond understanding, people to love, and purpose that continues calling me forward.




The song “Goodness of God” has become my testimony:
“All my life You have been faithful.”
I love You, Lord
For Your mercy never fails me
All my days
I've been held in Your hands
From the moment that I wake up
Until I lay my head
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God,

[Chorus]
'Cause all my life you have been faithful
And all my life you have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God.

“Surely Your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life.” — Psalm 23:6

My birthday prayer is simple:
Father, thank You for every year, every lesson, every person, and every new beginning. As long as You give me breath, help me use it to sing of Your goodness.

I’m not counting candles -- I’m counting blessings.
And I’m not finished yet!
Grateful for another year to celebrate the goodness of my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment