Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

The Sign Says It All



As we drove through our city last Saturday night at 10:00 pm, I couldn’t help but notice this scene. A man sat beside his bicycle with a handmade sign that simply read:
"JESUS LOVES YOU."
Three little words. A woman had stopped to talk with him. I had to take a quick photo while we were waiting for the red light to turn green.
No crowd. Just one person taking time for another.
I couldn't help but wonder -- what would Jesus do?
Jesus never looked at a crowd and saw a problem to manage.
He saw people to love.
He saw Zacchaeus in a tree.
A woman at a well.
A blind beggar by the roadside.
A thief on a cross.
He looked beyond circumstances and saw souls.

When I look around, I see people through the lens of their circumstances instead of through the eyes of Christ.
Some are lonely.
Some are struggling.
Some are successful.
Some are hurting.
Some are joyful.
Some are simply trying to make it through another day.

And then I ask myself a question that has lingered in my heart ever since:
"Lord -- do I see people the way You do?"

If I'm honest, there are days when I become impatient. Days when I make assumptions. Days when I notice inconveniences before I notice people. Days that I just want to go home and take a nap!

But -- that's not the heart I want. I want a heart like Jesus' heart!
"When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them..." (Matthew 9:36)

Lord, help me see people the way You see them.
Help me see the cashier who's had a long day.
The neighbor who feels forgotten.
The stranger who needs a smile.
The friend who's quietly carrying a heavy burden.
The family member who's difficult to love.

Every person I meet is someone created in Your image and deeply loved by You, Lord!
So today, Lord, open my eyes.
Slow my hurried heart.
PLEASE – make me more like You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment