Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2026

We Are Not Passengers -- We Are Carriers!




Okay -- this blog was inspired by my pastor.....again! I can't help myself! He speaks and bada bing bada boom -- another blog!

Yes, I really do have a vision: to lead people into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ, the Light of the World. That's our church's slogan.

That slogan is why I write -- sometimes once a day and occasionally often enough to make my computer request overtime pay!

Through stories about family, church, community, and everyday life, I pray that every blog shines a humongous light on Jesus.

Last May, we thoroughly enjoyed being passengers on a cruise ship. Our responsibilities were incredibly demanding -- eat delicious food, enjoy entertainment, visit fascinating destinations, and decide whether we had room for dessert.

We were customers, and the crew served us. In fact it was all about US! But, I know -- we aren't built for cruising!

We are built to be battleships. Everyone aboard has an assignment. Its equipment must be maintained, its crew prepared, and its mission understood.

That sounds more like the Christian life.

We aren’t called to remain passengers who ask, “What can the church do for me?” We are carriers of the Gospel -- equipped, strengthened, and deployed to carry the love and light of Jesus wherever He sends us.

A well-known NASA story tells of President John Kennedy meeting a janitor during a visit. When asked what he did there, the man reportedly answered, “Mr. President, I’m helping put a man on the moon.”

He understood that his work mattered to the mission.
So does ours.

We may preach, prepare meals, welcome strangers, teach children, encourage prisoners, call someone lonely, or quietly pray. No assignment is insignificant when it serves God’s purpose.

“You are the light of the world.” — Matthew 5:14

What ship are we on? What team do we represent?

We have been enlisted into God’s Kingdom for such a time as this. We are not too old, too ordinary, or finished. We carry priceless treasure -- the hope of Jesus Christ.

So, Lord, choose us. Prepare us. Send us.
We're not merely along for the ride. We are part of the mission!

#NASA #cruiseship #battleship #LightOfTheWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment