Search This Blog

Thursday, September 24, 2026

I Almost Missed Fall



Somehow, in the middle of wedding preparations, traveling to East Texas, checking lists and getting ready for my grandson Payton to marry his precious Christiane, I almost missed Fall!
Goodness gracious! The calendar says autumn, but Texas apparently didn’t get the memo. Austin has still been flirting with the upper 90s!
But here I am at Epiphany Ranch, where wedding bells are about to ring -- and where something else wonderful has been falling.
RAIN! Hallelujah!
My daughter, Staci, and her husband, Larry, have prayed for rain for this beautiful outdoor wedding. Yesterday, Staci sent me a video of rain POURING down and wrote:
“I have prayed that God would make it rain one more time like He made it snow for my wedding 30 years ago as a sign of His covenant. There is NOTHING too difficult for my God! Oh Mom! God is so good! He is so faithful!”
HALLELUJAH! Maybe that's what seasons are really about.
Change.
Trust.
And recognizing God's goodness right where we are.
Before long, we'll see pumpkins on porches and trees dressed in their autumn finest. I haven't even put out my fall decorations yet. They'll have to wait. This Nana has a wedding to help put on!
But I don't need a pumpkin on my table to remind me to be grateful. I can be a noticer.
Notice the sunrise. Notice the rain. Notice that I can see, hear, walk, breathe and love. Notice someone who needs encouragement --and give it.
And most of all, notice the season God has me in right now.
Some seasons are joyful. Some are challenging. Some bring sunshine, and some bring much-needed rain. But through every one, God remains faithful.
THE ONE who controls the seasons is THE ONE who will carry us through them.
Somewhere between wedding bells and answered prayers falling from the East Texas sky, God reminded me: Don’t miss the season you’re in while waiting for the next one. 🍂❤️”"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!” — Psalm 107:1
Happy Fall, Y’all! 🍂

No comments:

Post a Comment