Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

I’m Looking for the WELL DONE!



No, I’m not talking about my steak or hamburger. Although, if you ask me how I want those cooked, “well done” might be part of the conversation!

I’m talking about my life.

There are words I long to hear when I walk through Heaven’s portal:
“Well done, good and faithful servant.” (Matthew 25:23)

WHEW! What a welcome!

But “well done” doesn’t begin when this life ends. It begins with how I live today.

Am I generous? Kind? Humble? Forgiving? Encouraging? Do my words bring life? Does the way I treat people look anything like Jesus?

I’m not talking about perfection. Thank goodness! I’m talking about direction.

Paul tells us to "think about whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and of good report." Philippians 4:8

That doesn’t mean avoiding everyone who is negative, doubtful or struggling. Jesus went straight toward hurting people.

But I don’t have to let someone else’s negativity take up residence in me!

Maybe God placed me there to help flip the script.
From complaining to gratitude.
From discouragement to hope.
From bitterness to forgiveness.

Romans 12:1 calls us "to present ourselves to God as a living and holy sacrifice." That means He gets all of me -- even those little corners I’d rather keep to myself.

Lord, give me holy boldness to surrender them.
That unforgiveness? Yours.
That pride? Yours.
That attitude? Yep. That too.

I’m still a work in progress. But every morning gives me another opportunity to love better, forgive quicker, encourage louder, give more generously and represent Jesus more faithfully.

I’m not working for His love.
I’m living from His love.

And when my journey here is finished, there’s one review that will matter more than all the applause this world could ever give.
I’m looking for the WELL DONE!

#welldone #LivingSacrifices #flipthescript

No comments:

Post a Comment