Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2026

This Program is Interrputed with an Important Announcement...



YOU ARE LOVED! Yes, YOU!
Consider this one of those announcements that interrupts regularly scheduled programming because somebody needs to hear it today.
Maybe it’s you.
We’ve all heard of pulling petals from a flower while saying, “He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me...”
Thankfully, we never have to play that game with God.
There is no last petal that says, “He loves me not.”
God loves us. Period.
“The LORD is good; His love is eternal and His faithfulness lasts forever.” Psalm 100:5
How’s that for setting the record straight?
And then God says, “I have loved you with an everlasting love.” — Jeremiah 31:3
Now, let’s take THAT to the bank!
I dearly love my husband, my children, grandchildren, extended family, church family, neighbors, friends -- and even my Mahjong-playing buddies!
But as much as I love them, I’m human. I can disappoint them. I can forget something, say the wrong thing or simply fail to show up the way I should.
And they can do the same to me.
But God’s love isn’t moody, fickle or dependent upon whether we behaved ourselves today.
His love doesn't say, “I’ll love you IF...”
His love says, “I love you.”
Maybe someone has failed you. Maybe you’ve failed yourself. Perhaps you’re carrying something from yesterday that keeps whispering, How could God still love me?
Here’s your answer: He does.
God IS love. His love is everlasting, faithful and unfailing.
So, friends, family, neighbors -- and, yes, even those who might not particularly like me -- here’s today’s public service announcement:
You are loved.
I am loved.
We are loved.
No flower petals required! 🌼
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming -- with this truth tucked securely in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment