Last night, as Hurricane Lowell began bearing down on Kauai, our granddaughter Alexia messaged:
“Hi Nana. I know you’re asleep, but keeping everyone updated. We decided to go to a friend’s house a little farther inland. It’s very windy, but we still have power and shelter!”
And while they sheltered, we prayed.
And YOU prayed.
This morning came the message we had been waiting for.
Alexia said the worst hit around 1:00 a.m. Kauai time. She said it sounded and looked like they were in a tornado. All night they heard coconuts hitting the roof and trees and light poles snapping.
But then came these beautiful words:
“The house we were in was completely safe -- we, as well as our church community, are safe.”
THANK YOU, JESUS!
And then, after surviving her first Hawaiian hurricane, she added, “I think I’m going to take a nap.”
YES, SWEET GIRL! Nana highly recommends it! 😊
Today, we want to say THANK YOU to every precious friend who stopped what you were doing and prayed. You stood in the gap for Alexia and Winston, their church family, and the people of Kauai.
Some of you may have whispered a quick prayer. Others prayed throughout the night. God heard every one.
Alexia and Winston certainly didn't expect a hurricane during their first week of serving on Kauai. But perhaps this is another reminder that God doesn't always send us into comfortable places.
Sometimes He sends us right into the storm.
And now they have opportunities to love, serve, encourage, help clean up, and be the hands and feet of Jesus to their new community.
For such a time as this!
“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.” (Psalm 23:4)
The storm came.
God was there.
The storm passed.
God is still there.
And today, we give Him ALL the glory! ❤️🙏



No comments:
Post a Comment