Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2026

I Believe in Miracles Because I Believe in God



An old song has been playing in my heart:
“I believe in miracles…
Oh, I believe in miracles,
for I believe in God.”
And right now, those words mean more to me than ever.
Our precious Jack remains on a ventilator, recovering from surgery and preparing for another. And surrounding him is something beautiful: faith in action.
Family and friends continue praying. People stop by the hospital just to sit in the waiting room and pray. Others bring food and drinks. Churches are praying. Students are praying. Friends near and far are praying.
And we are still believing.
Not because we know exactly what tomorrow will bring. Not because faith gives us control over the outcome. But because we know the One to whom we are praying.
Jesus said, “With God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)
Think about it.
God parted a sea.
He provided manna in a wilderness.
Jesus opened blind eyes.
He strengthened crippled legs.
He calmed raging seas.
And the greatest miracle of all? Jesus conquered death and walked out of His own tomb!
So, yes -- I still believe in miracles.
Sometimes the miracle comes suddenly. Sometimes it comes little by little. Sometimes it looks different from what we desperately prayed to see.
But God is still God.
So we will keep asking. Keep seeking. Keep knocking. Keep praying over Jack. Keep surrounding this precious family. Keep believing when believing is hard.
And when our faith feels small, perhaps our prayer can simply be:
“Lord, I believe; help my unbelief.” (Mark 9:24)
Today, tomorrow, and for as long as it takes --
I believe in miracles because I believe in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment