We brought a big bowl of treats, a blessing cross, and words of love to the hospital waiting room, where so many have gathered to pray for our precious Jack.
We expected only to peek through his ICU window. Instead, his sweet mom, Dana, welcomed us inside.
There was Jack, surrounded by his medical team, smiling and encouraging him as they moved him from his bed into a recliner facing the window.
And then came the moment I'll treasure forever.
Jack couldn't speak aloud because of the trach, but he looked at us with those beautiful, bright eyes and repeatedly mouthed, “I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!”
BE STILL MY HEART!
I teased him about telling my grandson Bryson, his lifelong best friend, “You look fat!”
“So, Jack, do I look fat, too?”
His answer? “NO! I LOVE YOU!”
Oh, how we laughed!
Later, we saw a hat bearing the letters TINGL, Bryson's idea! It celebrates Jack reporting sensations, including tingling and feeling that a cooling pad was too cold.
Little things? NOT TO US!
Each encouraging sign is another reason to thank God and keep praying.
Brandon Lake and Cody Carnes' song “Too Good to Not Believe” has become my victory anthem. It reminds me that our God is still the wonder-working God!
We don't know every detail of Jack's journey or how long recovery will take. But we know the One who walks beside him.
One day at a time. One step at a time. One word at a time.
We're praying, believing, and trusting God for more.
Jesus said, “With God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)
And today, after hearing those silent “I love yous,” my heart is singing:
GOD, YOU ARE TOO GOOD TO NOT BELIEVE!
#toogoodtonotbelieve #WithGodAllThingsArePossible #onestepatatime



No comments:
Post a Comment