Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Come Along With Me



Have you ever heard the saying, "Don't just talk the talk -- walk the walk"?

Jesus said it even more simply:
"Come, follow Me." (Matthew 4:19)

Not, "Come admire Me."
Not, "Come agree with Me."
Not even, "Come learn about Me."
He said, "Follow Me."

I'll be honest. There was a time when I loved Jesus deeply but lacked the courage to tell others about Him. I'd gladly invite friends to church, but I secretly hoped the pastor would do all the talking. Fear of rejection kept me quiet.

Then something changed.
I stopped worrying so much about what people thought of me and started caring more about where they would spend eternity.

That changed everything. I truly wanted my friends and family to not just follow me but to come along with me. Let's do this together!

I really don't blog to gain followers for Donna. I blog because I want people to become followers of Jesus.

He's the Living Water. How could I keep that to myself?

The world has plenty of loud voices competing for our attention. But only one voice still says, "Come, follow Me."

The disciples weren't perfect. They stumbled. They questioned. They misunderstood. Yet they kept following -- and Jesus kept transforming them.

Isn't that encouraging?
He isn't looking for perfect people.
He's looking for willing followers.

May our words point to Jesus.
May our lives reflect Jesus.
And may someone someday say,
"I found Him because you followed Him."

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."
—1 Corinthians 11:1

Jesus never said, "Come, understand everything." He simply said, "Come, follow Me." Isn't that freeing?

If He had required us to understand everything first, none of us would have qualified! Instead, He asks for trust first, and understanding grows as we walk with Him.

Come on, dear friends -- let's follow Jesus together.

No comments:

Post a Comment