Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Don't Forget to Smile


 


Yesterday morning, I was looking through some of my old Facebook memories and saw a simple post I wrote back in 2010.

It listed seven good reasons to smile. At first, I smiled at the list.
Then I remembered something else.
I had written those words during one of the hardest seasons of my life. But, instead of posting about fear or despair, I chose to encourage others.

And those words reminded me of an important truth:
A smile isn't always evidence that life is perfect. Sometimes it's evidence that God is faithful.

Proverbs 17:22 tells us: "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Have you ever noticed what happens when someone smiles at you?
You almost can't help but smile back.

It's one of God's simplest gifts.
A smile says, "I see you."
It says, "There's still hope."
It says, "We're going to be okay."

No, a smile doesn't erase grief, solve problems, or remove pain.
But it can brighten someone's day -- including our own.

So here are my updated reasons to smile:

😊 Because God is still on the throne.
😊 Because His mercies are new every morning.
😊 Because someone may desperately need the kindness behind our smile today.
😊 Because joy is contagious.
😊 Because gratitude changes our perspective.
😊 Because Jesus loves you and me.
😊 And because smiling just feels good!

The world has enough frowns. Let's give it more smiles.

We never know whose heavy heart may be lifted simply because we chose to share the joy God has placed within us.

"This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

So today-- let's SMILE big; SMILE often -- and let someone see the light of Jesus shining through us. Instead of sitting in fear or despair, let's choose to encourage others.

Our smiles never mean we have an easy life.
It means we have a faithful Savior.

I'm reminded of this old Gospel song -- let's live it!
"Smile a while and give your face a rest,
Raise your hands to the one you love the best,
Then shake hands with those nearby,
And greet them with a smile!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment