It's the birthday of my firstborn son, Ryan Keith Wuerch -- the young man who gave me my favorite title this side of heaven -- Mom! Happy Birthday, Ryan!
#bestjobever
The day Ryan was born, I discovered a love I had never known before. I looked into those tiny eyes and thought, "How is it possible to love someone this much?"
We grew up together. I was a very young mother who certainly didn't have all the answers. I made my share of mistakes, prayed more prayers than I can count, and leaned heavily on God's grace.
Then somehow, in what seemed like the blink of an eye, that little boy became a man. (FYI -- Moms who have young little guys and girls -- trust me -- time flies!)
Today, I thank God for Ryan's compassionate heart, his leadership, his love for his family, and his desire to make a difference in the lives of others. Watching him has been one of my greatest joys.
I am so blessed to be his Mom. But being a mother has taught me something even greater.

If I can love my child this deeply -- with all my imperfections -- how much more does our perfect Heavenly Father love His children?
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" (1 John 3:1)
Max Lucado wrote this: “If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Face it, friend. He is crazy about you!"
YES -- God loves us and even delights in us!
"He rejoices over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)
So today, as I celebrate my precious son, I'm also celebrating the incredible love of our Heavenly Father Who celebrates you and me! Oh what an amazing Father He is to all of us!
In closing -- Happy Birthday, Ryan! Thank you for making me a mom and for reminding me every day of just how deeply God loves all of His children. That's for all of us! 🎈❤️🎈❤️🎈❤️🎈❤️


No comments:
Post a Comment