Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2026

When Life Becomes a Comedy of Errors

 



If you know me, you know I have a slight affection -- okay, let's be honest, an addiction -- for QuikTrip's Black Mango Unsweetened Tea!

If I'm driving just about anywhere, chances are I'll stop for a refill. (The refill discount makes it taste even better!)

Last Tuesday, however, my usual three-minute stop turned into a fifteen-minute adventure.

I proudly carried in my extra-large refill cup. The young clerk, on his very first day, smiled and waved me over.

I pulled the handle.  Water.

He assured me the tea was probably "on its way."  More water.

After a little investigating, we discovered the problem.  No filter!

Once the filter was in place, that beautiful Black Mango Tea finally began flowing. Success!



As I headed to the register with two giant cups of tea, the manager smiled and said, "No charge. After all you've been through, it's on us!"

I couldn't help but laugh.  What could have been frustrating became one of the funniest parts of my day

.



Isn't life like that sometimes?

Everything seems to go wrong. Plans get delayed. Mistakes happen. Miscommunication abounds. We wonder if the enemy is trying to derail our day.

We can grumble – or we can trust.

Romans 8:28 reminds us, "In all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Sometimes our greatest testimony isn't that everything went smoothly.
It's that we chose joy when it didn't.

So please trust me!  The next time your day feels like a comedy of errors, don't throw in the towel.  You might need it to wipe up a little spill.

Or -- wave it in celebration when God turns your frustration into a blessing!

After all, our God specializes in taking life's little mix-ups and reminding us that He is still completely in control.

When frustration, impatience, or disappointment begins pouring out of us, perhaps it's not because life is broken.  Perhaps we just need to let God's Spirit filter our thoughts and attitudes.

1 comment:

  1. How did you know this was for us today! We now have an attitude of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete